Rethink Companions Befriending
Rethink Mental Illness support groups / 7 views
Rethink Companions is a befriending service that helps people to re-engage with their local community through social activities. There is also a carers service that gives carers information and support through one-to-one meetings and facilitates the Rethink caring and coping course.
Their service supports people
- aged 18+ who have a diagnosed mental illness
- who are socially isolated
- who are known to NHS Secondary mental health services
- Who live in Hertfordshire in and around the towns of Ware, Hertford, Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt, Cuffley and Waltham Cross
- 121 Befriending with a volunteer or staff member to gain confidence in social settings and reduce isolation
- Group befriending every fortnight in a community setting
- Regular social activities & outings
Their services are normally delivered via a mixture of face to face one to one and group based support. However during the COVID pandemic, they are providing telephone and online support.