Hertfordshire Mind Network works across the county to support positive mental health and wellbeing. They provide a diverse range of services from our seven Wellbeing Centres and other venues across all ten districts of the county. Funded locally, their services are available to all residents in Hertfordshire over the age of 18 and they offer dedicated services for 10-18 year olds. Our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Hertfordshire Wellbeing Service
The Wellbeing Service offers free and confidential talking therapy and practical support for Hertfordshire residents experiencing a wide range of mental health problems such as: worry, low mood, insomnia and stress. They also provide support for carers, people who are struggling with the reality of living with long term physical health conditions or who are experiencing low mood and anxiety during or after pregnancy.
If you feel that you would benefit from the service, are over 16 years and are registered with a GP in Hertfordshire or are a professional and would like to refer someone to this service please click here.
Rethink Companions Befriending
Rethink Companions is a befriending service that helps people to re-engage with their local community through social activities. There is also a carers service that gives carers information and support through one-to-one meetings and facilitates the Rethink caring and coping course.
Their service supports people
- aged 18+ who have a diagnosed mental illness
- who are socially isolated
- who are known to NHS Secondary mental health services
- Who live in Hertfordshire in and around the towns of Ware, Hertford, Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt, Cuffley and Waltham Cross
- 121 Befriending with a volunteer or staff member to gain confidence in social settings and reduce isolation
- Group befriending every fortnight in a community setting
- Regular social activities & outings
Our services are normally delivered via a mixture of face to face one to one and group based support. However during the COVID pandemic, we are providing telephone and online support.