If you are struggling to cope or feel yourself nearing a breakdown, Access Mental Health is here to provide help. Designed in partnership with local people, it offers a range of services which provide support at times and places when people need it the most.
The Retreat is run in partnership with Dorset Mental Health Forum.
The Community Front Rooms are run by local charities:
- Wareham - Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA)
- Bridport - BCHA and Burrough Harmony
- Shaftesbury - BCHA and HOPE
- Weymouth - BCHA.
You don’t need to be referred by your GP or other health professional, you can just reach out for help when you need it. Mental health professionals and peer support workers will be on hand to help you avoid a crisis and help you find the path to recovery.
People of any age and their families can access our services.
- Connection – a 24/7 helpline open to all ages. Dorset residents or people visiting Dorset can call 0800 652 0190 or NHS 111 for free
- The Retreat – open to anyone aged 18 or above, providing a safe space to seek face-to-face help and support.
- Community Front Rooms – open to anyone aged 18 or above, providing a welcoming, safe space where you can discuss problems and work towards possible solutions at locations in Bridport, Shaftesbury, Weymouth and Wareham.