Our mission is to work alongside people living with, or affected by, Borderline Personality Disorder, with the aim of providing information, guidance and support, and empowering people to live well, direct their own recovery journey, and enhance their overall wellbeing and quality of life.
We believe that individuals affected by BPD should never have to face this illness alone. We believe that people experiencing mental distress because of their BPD symptoms can direct their own journey towards wellbeing and recovery, to live a fulfilling life with improved mental wellbeing.
We want to see a world where everyone living with BPD gets the support, treatment options and respect that they deserve.
We will make this happen by:
- Offering peer support both online and across the UK to those in need, including parents, carers and friends;
- Signposting to relevant support services in all areas of the UK;
- Liaising with other mental health and healthcare organisations to better support people affected by BPD, including patients and their families;
- Campaigning for better treatment options and more standardised care across the UK;
- Encouraging conversations around BPD;
- Raising awareness of BPD everywhere from employers and the general public, to healthcare professionals and the government;
- Creating specialist training for health and social care professionals.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Compassion – we approach everything we do with compassion, empathy, and kindness, as we have a deep understanding of the challenges faced by individuals living with BPD.
- Integrity – in all of our work we demonstrate ethical values, and uphold honesty, respect and authenticity.
- Openness – we maintain complete transparency about the work we do and how we do things, and are there to assist anyone who needs us.
- Involvement – we highly value lived experience and champion the knowledge gained through this experience, as we fully embrace the positive impact this can bring on our work.
- Fairness – we ensure equal opportunities for all, while appreciating and honouring the diverse range of skills and experiences possessed by each individual.