To work alongside people living with, or affected by, Borderline Personality Disorder. To provide information and support, and empowering people to live well and improve their quality of life.
We believe that no person affected by BPD should have to face this illness alone. We belive that people experiencing mental distress because of their BPD can direct their own journey towards wellbeing and recovery, to live a full life with improved mental health.
We want to see a world where everyone living with BPD gets the support, treatment options and respect that they deserve.
We will make this happen by:
- Offering support and information to those in need;
- Signposting to relevant support services in all areas of the UK;
- Liaising with other mental health and healthcare organisations to better support people affected by BPD, including patients and their families;
- Lobbying the government and healthcare systems for better treatment options and more standardised care across the UK;
- Encouraging conversations around BPD;
- Raising awareness of BPD everywhere from employers and the general public, to healthcare professionals and the government.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Compassion – We bring compassion, empathy and kindness to all that we do, as we understand what it is like living with BPD;
- Integrity – we demonstrate ethical values in all of our work, and are honest, respectful and authentic;
- Openness – we are transparent about what we do and how we do things, and are there for anyone who needs us;
- Involvement – we chamption knowledge gained through lived experience and we embrace the positive impact this can bring on our work;
- Fairness – we ensure everyone has a fair chance, and value and respect each other’s experiences and skills;