Our peer support groups run on Sunday evenings and meet online over Teams – we currently have 9 online groups and 1 face-to-face group, which each meet once a month. They provide a safe and welcoming environment where you can connect with others with similar experiences and offer mutual support without judgement.
All support groups are peer led and facilitated by a dedicated team of trained volunteers, most of whom have lived experience of BPD. Our meetings focus on community support, hope and recovery.
Our online support groups are open to anyone based in the United Kingdom, and participation is easily accessible. You can attend our online support groups through Teams, and there are no charges to join.
Each session is around 60 minutes and consists of:
- Welcome and introductions
- Community and safety guidelines
- Open discussion
- Closing, resources and grounding
The groups are facilitated by volunteers with lived experience of borderline personality disorder. If you’d like to volunteer at a group, click here to find out more.
Safety and Community Guidelines
We intend to create a safe and welcoming space, a support community for people living with BPD. We will do this by:
- having clear community guidelines available to all participants and at all meetings
- a welcome email on registration, and an opportunity in each meeting where participants are invited to introduce themselves.
Please note, Our volunteers lead the groups as peers with lived experience, they are not health care professionals and cannot diagnose or give advice, groups are not to be viewed as a substitute for therapy or professional mental health support.
- Online mixed support group (1st Sunday of each month)
- Online women’s support group (2nd Sunday of each month)
- Online mixed support group (1st Wednesday of each month)
- Online partners, parents and carers support group (3rd Sunday of each month)
- Online men’s support group (4th Sunday of each month)
- 3rd Wednesday of each month, held in Cramlington, Northumberland.
Register for Peer Support
Use the below form to select which groups you wish to attend, and choose dates and times. You need to book each session individually, therefore we recommend booking a couple of sessions at a time. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the meeting, and details of how to cancel if you need to.