Bath and North East Somerset (BANES) Floating Support is short to medium-term service for people with mental health problems who are either finding it difficult to manage their tenancy and could be at risk of losing their home or are moving into a new tenancy and need support to do this.
Together we will agree how often you will need support and will develop a recovery plan with you based on your needs, interests and aspirations. We offer both practical and emotional support, including help with:
- sorting out your financial situations
- filling in forms
- talking to utility companies
- dealing with other agencies
- meeting new people in the community
- accessing higher level mental health or more specialist support e.g. drug and alcohol, debt management, employment support etc.
- benefit claims/appeals
- budgeting, maintaining home, attending appointments.
Generally you will receive one to two hours of support per week, although this will vary at times depending on your circumstances.
We will review the level of support you receive regularly. Our aim is to help you to get to the stage where you are able to manage your accommodation with the right levels of support, develop a suitable support network and become more independent.