As part of Cornwall Council, the Social Services department focuses on providing assistance and guidance to individuals and families facing various challenges.
Cornwall Council Social Services include:
- Comprehensive Support - Addressing a range of issues such as housing, safeguarding, child protection, and assistance for vulnerable individuals and families.
- Information and Advice - Provides information and advice to help residents navigate complex situations, offering guidance on available resources and support networks.
- Assessment and Intervention - Conducts assessments to understand the specific needs of individuals and families. They may intervene when necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of vulnerable members of the community.
- Promotion of Independence - The department strives to empower individuals to live independently whenever possible. This involves providing the necessary support to enhance personal resilience and self-sufficiency.
- Responsive to Crisis - Offers immediate assistance and support to those in urgent need.
- Advocacy and Safeguarding - Social Services advocates for the rights and well-being of vulnerable individuals, including children and adults at risk.
- Community Engagement - Outreach programs, workshops, and events to raise awareness about available services and promote well-being.
Roscadghill Parc, Heamoor, Penzance TR18 3QQ