Are you passionate about peer support and lived experience? Do you enjoy talking with people and helping them based on your life experiences? Can you dedicate a few hours per month to volunteer?
Yes? Then we’d love to hear from you! We are organising online peer support sessions in 2024 and are looking to recruit people who have a strong passion for peer support and lived experience.
Your role as a Peer Support Volunteer will involve facilitating online support groups for individuals impacted by BPD. These groups will cater to service users, family members, and carers alike.
Qualities and skills required for this role
- Genuine compassion, empathy, and a desire to support people living with borderline personality disorder and other mental health issues
- Flexible approach to the role
- Understanding the impact of life with BPD
- Good understanding of general mental health and wellbeing
- Working knowledge of safeguarding and confidentiality/GDPR
- Experience of volunteering with people with health and social needs, or community-based work
- Ability to use lived experience in a positive way
- Passionate about recovery
- Open, honest and friendly
- Good communication skills.
- To enjoy taking part in groups and activities
- Ability to use a person-centred approach
- you must be over the 18 years of age and live permanently in the UK.
- you must have access to a laptop or computer and a quiet place to facilitate meetings.
- you must be able to attend training sessions and volunteer meetings as appropriate.
- an enhanced DBS and two references are required for this role
We provide induction training and other relevant training opportunities to enable you to fulfil this volunteer role. To support you in your role, it will be necessary for you to complete our peer support training course.
- A six-month minimum commitment, a degree of flexibility is needed for this role.
- A minimum of 3 hours per month is required.
The specification above is broad, if you don’t meet some of the requirements but feel the role is right for you, please do apply.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.