Borderline Support UK is looking for a volunteer manager to help us recruit and manage volunteers. We are a small organisation with big ambitions, there are many areas to add your ideas and support, so we can continue to deliver a great volunteer experience.
Borderline Support UK provides signposting and information to anyone affected by BPD including family, friends and carers. We also provide free online peer support training, and are looking to launch some new support schemes in the near future.
What will you do?
- Help shape our volunteer policies and procedures, including the induction program
- Share best practices
- Volunteer recruitment
- Schedule volunteer onboarding sessions
- Volunteer file admin
- Allocate work
- Track and reporting volunteers’ progress
- Work closley with the board of trustees
What are we looking for?
The volunteer manager should:
- have some knowledge of borderline personality disorder
- have experience of working with volunteers
- experience of recruitment
- knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusivity
- be able to communicate effectively with people from a diverse range of experience and backgrounds
- understand the resource constraints of a small organisation
- be dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- have competent IT skills
What difference will you make?
Your input and experience will help us to better engage with our volunteers, and ensure a good volunteering experience. In turn, this allows us to grow as an organisation, and be able to support more people in need.
What’s in it for you?
You will gain direct experience of working with volunteers through onboarding, recruitment, and management, as well as helping us develop our best practises and processes. You will become part of our small, friendly team and have the opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to people affected by borderline personality disorder.
Any Other Requirements
- Own computer or secure access to one
What is the time commitment?
This is a flexible role and the times may vary, but we would expect you to spend at least two hours a week on your role.
Where will I be based?
This role is based remotely.